Monday, August 23, 2010

The Result of a Lack of Force

We are all on this giant ball, affectionately called Earth. Earth has an orbital rotation of a whopping 66,000 miles per hour. Not only that but we're going in a big giant circle around the sun. Yes, and we're all in this together.

On some days, when I realize how fast this ball is spinning, I feel an urge not to move a muscle as to not wreck the perfect balance. I don't want to fly off the ball out into a cosmic void. However, then I realize that I've got a great friend call gravity and I know I can relax and just enjoy the ride we're on, without getting dizzy (oddly enough).

Now, I'm no scientist but this I can assure as, as an esteemed citizen who has taken a physics class gravity is something to cordially tip your hat to.

Yes my friends, don't forget about gravity. That subtle but strong force that keeps you from flying off Earth.

No comments: